Wednesday, April 30, 2008

numb...

"for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction."

oh there was an action... a very strong action.
and then there was a reaction.
my reaction.
first pain.
then heartache.
then...
then...
numbness.
i thought i was healed.
i thought it was over...
but i think i merely numbed the pain.
because now i don't feel.
i feel nothing at all... except this numbing sensation that won't go away.
it's time to let go.
it's time to heal.
i want to love...
a deep soulful love.
i want to cry...
a cry from the heart...
the heart i don't feel.
i want to laugh...
till i can't even stand.
the feelings are gone...
they don't even sting.
Lord... am i numb to you to?
restore my emotion...
restore my heart.
it is out of my grasp...
the desire is there.
i just can't reach it on my own.
it's time to peel back the layers...
and expose the raw.
i want to be real.
wash over me with Your love.
so that i may heal.

2 comments:

Yvette said...

i feel you.

kristina said...

i feel really selfish for posting a blog like this. in retrospect... i think it is better to spend my time doing and serving others... rather than worry about the fact that i may feel numb from time to time. There are bigger problems in the world today... and i am going to do something about it.